You Might Be a Geek Jokes
Jokes by Shawn McKenzie 03/30/2003
I was inspired by the movie Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie (see my review) and decided to come up with some geek jokes. Like rednecks, geeks are an odd bunch. I should know, since I've been a geek all my life. If you've ever seen a Kevin Smith movie or the Comedy Central game show "Beat the Geeks" (R.I.P., you were never a boring game show), you know geeks are proud to be geeks and don't apologize for being them. You can look at these jokes as either a self-identifier or as a way to spot a geek. Either way, I hope you find them funny.
1. If your wait in line makes the six o' clock news, you might be a geek.
2. If your monthly CD and DVD expenses are higher than your rent, you might be a geek.
3. If you wear the T-shirt of the band you are seeing in concert, you might be a geek.
4. If you need to pause your video game to watch "The Simpsons," you might be a geek.
5. If any dialogue from a Monty Python movie enters your daily speak, you might be a geek.
6. If you actually get in a heated debate over which movie was better, The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, you might be a geek.
7. If you have ever said "Snoochie-Boochie," you might be a geek.
8. If you are planning a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" going away party in May, you might be a geek.
9. If you can identify any TV show by its episode title, you might be a geek.
10. If you head bang or play air guitar to any song with a cool guitar lick, you might be a geek.
11. If you have so many videos, DVD's, CD's, etc. that you have to alphabetize them in order to find what you want, you might be a geek.
12. If you also organize those movies and music according to genre and/or music style, you might be a super-geek.
13. If you ever quote the Comic Book Guy on "The Simpsons" and say "worst episode ever," you might be a geek.
14. If you ever imitate a character from "The Simpsons," "South Park," and/or "Beavis & Butt-Head," you might be a geek.
15. Finally, if you make a list of geek jokes, you might be a geek.
What do you think of the jokes? Do you have any geek jokes yourself? Please go to the Home Page and post your jokes on the Entertain Your Brain Message Board or email me at shawn@entertainyourbrain with your geek jokes and I will put them on this page. Please tell me how you want me to credit you, otherwise I will credit it to anonymous.
Buy these items at