Top 5 Worst TV Shows of 2002
Opinions by Shawn McKenzie 01/08/2003
All of these shows are shows that are currently airing new episodes as of this writing and haven’t had their cancellation announced yet. Some might be in danger of it, or rumored to end this season, but as of now, we still have to suffer through their existence.
5. “The Mind of the Married Man”-HBO is such a good network with so many good shows, so why did they ever green light this one? It claimed to be the male version of “Sex and the City,” but it is just stupid. Even the gratuitous nudity of the show can’t make it any better. Ironically, the network rip-off version of this show, NBC’s “Hidden Hills,” is actually pretty funny. (Update: HBO announced today, 01/16/2003, that they would not renew this show for a third season. Halleluiah HBO!)
4. “7th Heaven”-Like the awful CBS show “Touched by an Angel,” this show is preachy. Unlike that show, this show is preachy and has bad, cheesy acting. After seeing Jessica Biel in last fall’s The Rules of Attraction, I know she can do much better.
3. “Still Standing”-This show is the one dark spot in an otherwise great CBS Monday lineup. Mark Addy can’t cover up his English accent and Jamie Gertz can’t play blue collar convincingly. I guarantee you that if this show moved to a time slot that wasn’t so high profile, it would be cancelled.
2. “Family Affair”-This is the worst new show of the season. I never liked the original, but this version is a throwback to the awful, eye-rolling sitcoms of the past. It isn’t getting the best ratings, but apparently enough to keep it on the air. If you value good shows, stop watching this! “Friends” is on!
1. “According to Jim”-With “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “The Gilmore Girls,” and “Andy Richter Controls the Universe” to watch, why would anyone watch this extremely unfunny show? I’d even watch “JAG” or the awful “In-Laws” over this show. I really would like to hear from anyone who actually thinks this show has ever been funny. Both Jim Belushi and Courtney Thorne-Smith have been in much better shows (and movies.)
What do you think of my choices? What would you choose as the worst TV shows of 2002? Please go to the Home Page and post your opinion on the Entertain Your Brain Message Board!